domingo, 14 de mayo de 2017

Threadcount shirtdress ::: Vestido camisero Threadcount

Me gustan mucho los vestidos camiseros, son favorecedores y van muy bien para este tiempo. Encontré el patrón perfecto el año pasado con la revista Love Sewing.

I love shirtdresses, they are flattering and great for this weather. I found the perfect pattern last year with the Love Sewing magazine.



Se supone que el patrón es de nivel principiante, aunque con el cuello camisero, los puños y los ojales no lo tengo muy claro. Me tomé mi tiempo haciendo el vestido y busqué tutoriales para lo que no me cuadraba. Este tutorial de Four Square Walls me vino muy bien para el cuello. Para los puños seguí las explicaciones del libro Dressmaking de Alison Smith y para los bolsillos, al igual que con mi vestido Burda, éste de Megan Nielsen. Los ojales han quedado mucho mejor de lo que me esperaba con mi superbásica máquina de coser Alfa. Simplemente seguí las intrucciones de la máquina ,y como bien dice Momita, hice algunas pruebas en un retal.

This pattern is supposed to be for beginners but as it has a colllar, cuffs and the buttonholes I am not so sure. I took my time making the dress and searched for tutorials as required. This one from Four Square Walls was really helpful to make the collar. I followed the instructions from the Alison Smith's Dressmaking book for the cuffs and for the seam pockets, as with my Burda dress, this tutorial from Megan Nielsen did the job. The buttonholes turned out much better than I expected with my superbasic Alfa sewing machine. I just followed the sewing machine manual, and as Momita advised, I practised on a scrap of the fabric.


La tela la compré en the Handmade Fair en Septiembre y la foto está tomada en Holland Park.

Hasta pronto

I bought the fabric in September at the Handmade Fair and the picture was taken in Holland Park.

See you soon

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario